Friday, September 21, 2018 to Saturday, September 22, 2018
Mid-South Forestry Equipment Show
September 21 & 22, 2018
Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
MSU John W. Starr Memorial Forest
53 St. Mark Drive
Starkville, MS 39759
Online pre-registration: $20 (opens June 25)
Registration at the gate: $25
Includes two-day access to all demonstrations and continuing education events, show parking, and spouse & children under 18 years of age
Thursday, October 4, 2018
This class is intended for loggers seeking to become qualified Professional Logging Managers in the state of Mississippi. A qualified logging company, according to the SFI Standard, must have one person per logging crew hold this qualification in order to deliver to SFI Certified mills. Each crew leader or foreman as well as the owner needs to have these classes. Business owners in this program must begin by taking 4 required topics. Foreman need just this class. 3 of the 4 topics are covered during this class. The 4th topic is Business Management and will be held in Summer 2019.
Friday, October 5, 2018
· Logging Safety, Audit Compliance: Dr. John B. Auel, MSU Extension Service
· New Planting Techniques for Pine Plantations: Dr. Randy Rousseau, MSU Extension Service
· Pine Beetle Update: Butch Bailey, MSU Extension Service
· Leaf River Updates: Bob Heinz, Leaf River
· Uneven Age Management of Pine Forests: Dr. Glenn Hughes, MSU Extension Service